Sunday, December 16, 2007

You Guessed It. . .

Ragu has recently removed thier Rich and Meaty line from their roster. Sure, some of you may be saying "Is he serious?". Well, I am. More serious than a deaf child trying to read lips. This is an outrage. The only line of spaghetti sauce that I will actually eat. Why? Because it isn't acidic or sweet, but just right.
My recent learning of this crime was when I started to notice that the stores didn't have it in stock. There wasn't even a UPC label on the shelf. So I wrote Ragu to get the story. It went like this:
I miss your sauce!! What gives??
Sincerely,
Hungered Meaty Man

I urge all of you to write Ragu and get this line of sauces back on the shelf. They tried to tell me they have a wonderful variety of sauces to choose from. No they don't!! Ragu sucks. But Rich and Meaty is awesome.
I will continue to write my congressman until I get some quality sauce.
Ragu, you have disappointed me and many others. Including John Madden(did you see the blog header??). Madden likes it too! As a matter of fact, in 2005 he replaced his All Madden QB with Mamas Rich and Meaty(seriously, I wouldn't lie)

Ragu, you came and you gave without taking. Oh, ragu!

10 comments:

Cerpts said...

You are correct, sir. Ragu does suck. However, I never had the pleasure of the "rich and meaty" experience. Now, alas, it appears that I never will.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I love Ragu, it's all I eat. Try the robust four cheese. Awesome! and cerpts you have so had something rich and meaty! Ok, I guess I'm not that rich. But I sho am meaty!!

Fink Master Flash said...

That could be a new line of sauces: Cheekies Rich and Meaty. Or Cheekies Meat Sauce. Perfect.

Cerpts said...

Oh yeah. . .telling Fink to eat a sauce called "Robust four cheese" is like asking Superman to chomp on a kryptonite donut.

Cerpts said...

Oh yes . . . and you see what I'm dealing with, Fink. . .this guy thinks that Ragu is good and it's all he eats. I'd say that Ragu is the worst swill on the market but there is Prego, you know.

And oh yes . . . and you see what I'm dealing with, Cheekies . . . this guy doesn't like cheese. in any form. Talk about a communist pinko!

Sheesh, one likes Ragu and one hates cheese . . .why am I surrounded by perverts?!?!? Why God why?!?!?!

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Yeah, well you like olive loaf. And you lost your virginity at age 6. Willingly!!

Cerpts said...

It was 11!

And olive loaf is the bomb-diggums. Or something like that.

Cerpts said...

And Fink you lame so and so! Get your own template and stop stealing mine!!!! Geez, when Cheekies started his blog he didn't even use my template in blue!

mfgrace said...

I still miss the sauce. Sometimes I lay in bed at night thinking "maybe we did something wrong?" If I had it to do over again I would just by what I needed for that week, I would buy cases of it and put it in a bunker that I would have built preparing for the end, yes the end, of Meat Sauce production.
After All of these years we still remember.
RAGU... your only redemption is to start making the sauce again.
Until then you just leave a bad taste in our mouths.

In loveing memory of "Rich & Meaty".

BigMFg

Anonymous said...

The sauce was good but, with all the time you're writing congressmen, you could make your own.